Bachelor of Digital Media
Digital media content is a vital form of communication and marketing that companies can use to communicate with their target audience. The Bachelor of Digital Media provides opportunities for students to explore modern digital communication trends and technologies, including various digital media theories, standards, and technologies, and learn how to use these media tools to meet any challenges in today’s media environments. Students will explore different aspects of digital media and gain strong knowledge, including theoretical and practical industry-based understanding. This program is delivered online, focusing strongly on theories, skills, and ideas through theoretical and practical approaches to digital media challenges and solutions. Students will be assessed by individual and assignments.
Upon the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Acquire a critical understanding of social and individual issues involving digital media; apply digital media tools to create projects that assess technology’s impact on culture and society.
- Improve the student social media strategy by incorporating practical solutions to make effective social media decisions via analytics.
- Grasp the ethical theories and address digital moral problems involving common practices in digital media through various ethical framework applications.
- The student will use the skills they acquired from this program to improve their creative team management and leadership.
- Formulate entrepreneurial strategies to explore new opportunities, address problems, and cultivate innovation in digital media.
- Employ digital content direction strategies in different platforms to achieve organizational objectives.
- Exhibit effective handling of social media crises through the creation of an optimal management plan and recognition of the best response to various crisis situations
Given the countless number of industries looking for professionals with digital media skills, job requirements and responsibilities can vary and they are often based on specific interests and skill sets. Upon finishing the digital media program, students will be qualified for various industries, such as:
- Publishing Companies
- News Services
- Media Outlets
- Public Relations
- Digital Agencies
- Advertising Agencies
- Branding Companies
Apart from the aforementioned industries, students may also fill the growing demand for digital media specialists in non-creative-focused sectors such as:
- Nonprofit Organizations
To get the degree in Bachelor of Digital Media, student must finish not less than 126 credit hours. The student shall be responsible for completing the current requirements and continuously communicate with the lecturer to solve any problems prevent the completion of the study plan.
The program fees are $450 per semester.
The program is presented entirely in Arabic.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours||Prerequisites|
|Year 1- Term 1|
|DGM111||Introduction to Digital Media||3|
|ENG101||English Language 1||5|
|DGM113||Introduction to Communication||3|
|MGM111||Principles of Management||3|
|Year 1- Term 2|
|DGM122||Theories of Communication||3|
|ENG102||English Language 2||5||ENG101|
|DGM125||Graphic Design for the Media||3|
|Year 1- Term 3|
|DGM131||Media Ethics and Legislations||4|
|DGM135||Introduction To Public Relations||3|
|MGM204||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Year 2- Term 1|
|STA201||Probability & Statistics||4|
|MGM223||Presentation and Writing Skills||3|
|DGM212||News Writing & Journalistic Report||3|
|Year 2- Term 2|
|MGM112||Introduction to Economics||3|
|DGM224||The Art of Writing and Expression||3|
|DGM226||Mass Media and Society||3|
|Year 2- Term 3|
|DGM233||Journalism advertising and digital marketing||3|
|PMG101||Foundations of Project Management||3|
|Year 3- Term 1|
|DGM313||The Economics of Digital Media||3|
|Year 3- Term 2|
|DGM321||Study Cases in Digital Media||3|
|DGM323||Publication Layout and Production||3|
|DGM325||Journalism and E-Campaigns||3|
|MGM333||Introduction to Research Methods||3|
|Year 3- Term 3|
|DGM336||Research Methodologies for Media||3|
|Year 4- Term 1|
|DGM411||Management Of Media Organization||3|