Master of Digital Media
The Master of Digital Media at Midocean University aims to further develop students’ professional digital media skills and knowledge, which are applicable to almost any field in today’s career options. Technology is continually advancing, making an impact on society, and affecting people’s interaction with the world. Consequently, society becomes more dependent on technology and the demand for experts in digital media keeps on growing.
This program will broaden students’ knowledge and encourage creativity via a range of progressive subjects. Upon completing the program, students will be able to transform ideas into reality, create new and innovative digital media technology, critically examine digital media design, and apply the course learnings to various work environments.
Upon the completion of the Master of Digital Media program, students will be able to:
- Acquire a critical understanding of social and individual issues involving digital media; apply digital media tools to create projects that assess technology’s impact on culture and society.
- Improve the student social media strategy by incorporating practical solutions to make effective social media decisions via analytics.
- Grasp the ethical theories and address digital moral problems involving common practices in digital media through various ethical framework applications.
- The student will use the skills they acquired from their educational background to improve their creative team management and leadership.
- Formulate entrepreneurial strategies to explore new opportunities, address problems, and cultivate innovation in digital media.
- Employ digital content direction strategies in different platforms to achieve organizational objectives.
- Exhibit effective handling of social media crises through the creation of an optimal management plan and recognition of the best response to various crisis situations
Given the countless number of industries looking for professionals with digital media skills, job requirements and responsibilities can vary and they are often based on specific interests and skill sets. Upon finishing the digital media program, students will be qualified for various industries, such as:
• Publishing Companies
• News Services
• Media Outlets
• Public Relations
• Digital Agencies
• Advertising Agencies
• Branding Companies
Apart from the aforementioned industries, students may also fill the growing demand for digital media specialists in non-creative-focused sectors such as:
• Nonprofit Organizations
To obtain a master’s degree in Digital Media, the student must complete at least 30 credit hours upon graduation. The student must be aware of the current requirements and must always consult with his/her advisor regarding his/her progress toward completing the program.
The program fees are $725 per semester.
Courses are in English, with explanations provided in both English and Arabic.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|DGM711||Introduction to Digital Media||3|
|DGM715||The Cultures of New Media||3|
|DGM721||Social Media Management||3|
|DGM723||Digital Media Ethics||3|
|DGM730||Social Media and Crises||3|
|DGM733||Digital Content Direction||3|