Master of risk management
The Master of Risk Management program at Midocean University integrates modern intellectual content from the academic world with advanced management practices of leading global organizations.
The imperative of business environment, Risk Management is a big concern for identifying potential threats, vulnerabilities, and risks in an organization. The Master of Risk Management enables managers and professionals to achieve their risk management ambitions with a strong organizational and management focus across the public and private sectors. With a Master of Risk Management, you could become the skilled employee your organization needs to handle times of crisis. The main objective of the risk management degree is to develop and prepare sophisticated professionals to take on risk challenges in today’s business world by providing technological and analytical solutions that alleviate risk across whole business enterprises.
Students who complete a master’s degree in Risk Management will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency and knowledge in designing and evaluating the available response options, and developing suitable plans for widely used risk management, business continuity, and disaster recovery processes.
- Skills and abilities in the use of qualitative and quantitative data to estimate the possibility of individual
- The skills and knowledge that are necessary to engage management and leadership roles in the profession of project continuity, with consideration of the general issues of security, continuity, and risk
- A deep understanding of the various aspects of enterprise project continuity as it can impact the continued operations of the organization, from supply-chain management through higher strategy development including markets and enterprise
The concepts of the following courses will be delivered using a combination of online lectures, discussions, and dialogue around cases. A case is a comprehensive exposition of real managerial cases describing a set of problems and requiring a plan of action. The case method provides a pragmatic framework for the learning process. Its success depends heavily on student preparation and active interaction in class discussions. The main material and reference for each course will be the textbook mentioned in the course specifications. Lecture notes and slides are additional resources that are prepared by the professor.
The program fees are $900 per semester.
To earn a Master’s Degree in Risk Management, the student must complete a minimum of 31 credit hours of credit towards graduation. It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of current requirements and to frequently consult with your advisor about your progress toward completing them.
After completion of the program, the graduate becomes eligible to work in several jobs, including:
- Risk Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- Risk management consultant
Courses are in English, with explanations provided in both English and Arabic.
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PMG506||Advanced Project Management||4|
|PMG510||Project Risk Management||3|
|PMG611||Enterprise Risk Management||3|
|PMG621||Risk and Decision Analytics||4|
|PMG630||Strategic and Operational Risk Management||3|
|PMG633||Financial Risk Management||3|
|MGM660||Supply Chain Management||3|
|PMG663||Project Risk and Supply Chain Risk||3|
|PMG671||Leadership and Organizational Behavior||3|